Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Suited up!


Yes, this is me---Becky. Director of Living Water. United Way began their fund raising campaign this month and since we receive United Way funds, we were asked to help speak at all of the businesses to raise awareness. This week, we have been speaking at Conoco Phillips. In order to go to all of the areas of the plant, we had to suit out in this. I wasn't alone...there were four of us and we were asked a few times if we were part of a chain gang somewhere.
I'm so amazed as I walk around the plant. It's HUGE! Whoever thought of how to make that plant work is a genius--as are the people who keep it working. There are pipes everywhere. It also made me realize I don't pray enough for the men and women who work out there. I'm sure it would be a dangerous place to be if they weren't so safety-conscious.
But those same men and women have been very generous in their giving. So thank you to all of you who have given towards United Way and in turn, helped us.

1 comment: