Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Thanksgiving


Thanksgiving is so special to us here at Living Water. As reported earlier, we got to give the fixin's to a great Thanksgiving meal to 159 families last friday. That is the largest group we've ever had here on one day. Actually, we had over 200 people in our chapel, but gave food to that many families. But I just wanted to take a minute and tell you what I'm thankful for.
*I'm thankful for the many volunteers who come and give of their time to help Living Water run smoothly. We couldn't help that many people without the sacrifice of so many volunteers.
*I'm thankful for Gib Welch. He's 81 years old and manages our food room. He is so precise and methodical which is exactly what we need. He also preaches at our services from time to time.
*I'm thankful for the 9 churches that support Living Water. I'm also grateful for the help United Way gives us. That's how we're able to assist so many people.
*I'm thankful for the people who have made Living Water their family project and give to us monthly.
*I'm thankful for our board who gives great direction to this ministry.
*I'm thankful for the changed lives we've seen in some of our clients. We now have about 12 people who have been helped through our ministry who now volunteer at Living Water.
*I'm thankful for this ministry and the people who had vision for it. It's a ministry I'm passionate about because I've seen the effects of it. People's lives have been helped and changed because of it.
I'm just plain grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment